doctors may think they’re important,
but it’s the nurses that get you well
This has got to be the shortest Jethro Tull track ever.
The nurses in this hospital have been very good to me, especially when I couldn’t get out of bed at all.
none of my nurses look like this
medicine is a pseudoscience of uncertainty and probability
Today I will be out.
I’m going to Newcastle upon Tyne for a series of medical-type tests;
- A long, long Q & A session.
- Lots of measurements including body fat, BP, and pulse rate.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Full-body MRI scan.
- Brain MRI scan, (wish me good luck with that one).
- Heart and body MRI scan.
- Neck artery ultrasound scan.
- Dual-Energy x-ray Absorptiometry scan.
- Full blood work up.
- Urine tests.
- Treadmill heart monitoring
All in all I’m told it should take about 5 hours.
All followed up by 14 days of heart monitoring using a patch.
Ergo, if I’m not around later you know where I am.
most men like most nurses,
most of the time