we’re only human, we’re supposed to make mistakes
I screw up, I make mistakes, I go down the same wrong road time after time. But, I pick myself up and try to do better next time.
Last week I fucked-up in a big way, for no better reason than I was hurting after being to the dentist, and this town is in lockdown again. This song says something about how I feel today.
We don’t have to be always ready to make ourselves blameless and faultless, we can admit that we’re only human. I can accept myself as human and see that no human being is without flaws ~ me especially so.
I survived all those long lonely days when it seemed I did not have a friend ~ I with friends I know I can survive anything the Cosmos throws at me.
perhaps the Cosmos doesn’t care when we screw-up
but perhaps my friends do
back in solitary confinement again
My part of England is back on strict lockdown again.
It’s very depressing, exhausting, and difficult to get fresh food. I don’t even want to chat with friends, anyhow I’ve been drinking.
I truly hope this is over soon.
it feels like being in jail
not that I’ve ever been in jail
millions are being wrongly put back into lockdown
because mass testing gives too many false results
The entire effort to contain the coronavirus is a massive waste of time and money. The greatest impact of all these efforts has been to destroy the global economy, take away our civil liberties, and to hand unimaginable powers to politicians and unelected officials. Here, the government is even talking about putting the army on the streets of England to enforce lockdown ~ that will end social cohesion for a generation.
- Closing borders does not work. Australia had some of the strictest entry rules for visitors and returning Australians, and yet the coronavirus is allegedly rampant in that country. You cannot stop aircraft from landing with mail and essential imports, you cannot stop ships docking with essential imports and to load exports, and there are always some people who are exempt from the entry restrictions. (Doctors, Politicians, and Unelected Officials.)
- The money spent on mass testing has been thrown away. Here in England the mass testing centres were mostly ignored by the public, there are far too many incorrect results, either producing false positives or false negatives, and people can catch the virus from the testers themselves. Testing offers no benefit to the person being tested.
- Recently President Trump stated categorically that lockdown doesn’t work, (at least not when it comes to containing the coronavirus). A study in New York confirmed that the infection rate was just about the same for those in lockdown as for those still walking the streets and travelling on the subway.
- The vast millions spent on ‘track and trace’ have been wasted. Here, one fifth of potentially infected people are never traced, one in four of those traced could not be contacted, and there are no numbers to say how many of those reached actually went into self-isolation ~ not very many I suspect. Most of the staff in the test and trace centres have so little to do that they play games and surf the web on their official computers all day.
- Scientific studies from the Netherlands state that face coverings are worse than useless. Face coverings may be beneficial for short periods indoors where there is a risk of close contact with people you do not normally meet.
- It takes decades to even partially contain a virus; the common cold, ebola, epstein barr, flu, HIV/AIDS, rabies, smallpox, West Nile Virus….. are all still out there. Vaccines have serious side effects.
- Vaccines have limited effect. Millions are vaccinated against the flu, but you have to get a vaccine every year because the virus mutates, and you can still get sick from flu viruses that you weren’t vaccinated against.
If you want to know what a real pandemic looks like, as opposed to the coronavirus hysteria, then read about the influenza epidemic of 1918 ~ especially how it affected the USA. Everything that is being tried now to contain COVID-19, was tried back then, and none of it worked worth a damn.
Some say the people in white coats will save us all, all those under 50 years old anyway. And that the mad scientists should take over the world. All I know is that any ‘expert’ who says there is a way to contain a virus once it is in the general population is either a charlatan or a liar.
bar your doors and become a hermit
you will get lots of peace and quiet
you can still get the coronavirus
it could have been worse, the liquor stores might have been closed
Now that I’m regularly out and about again after a period of government imposed solitary confinement at home, I’ve noticed just how manky some people are looking. It’s not their fault, being subject to lockdown and being made to work from home does bad things to your health, your looks, and your well-being. It’s a lack of sunshine, fresh air, exercise ~ and too much junk food, processed food, comfort eating, too much booze, too many cigarettes, and for some too much reliance on drugs. Add to that the lack of proper sleep, irregular hours, lazing around most of the day in sweats or night-attire, not being able to get to a hairdresser…..
Face it after a period of lockdown, and while we are working at home, it’s possible that we don’t feel or look at our very best. I know I didn’t, and I know just how much weight I put on.
It’s pretty simple to get back to looking and feeling great;
- Get out in the sunshine and fresh air as much as you can.
- Get some exercise. Walk the 10,000 steps a day. Learn some yoga. Use free exercises such as squats, push ups. Look here’s a link to a 20 minute home workout video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKfNUOWuZV8
- Stop drinking so much every day and every night. Have two or three totally booze-free days every week.
- Stop smoking all together, forever. Smoking makes you look old, you stink, it ruins your health. Smoking will kill you.
- Stop comfort eating. Don’t eat just because you’re bored, stressed, lonely, or sad.
- Stop eating processed food, or eat much less processed food if you can’t get to a good store as often as you’d like.
- Stop shoveling your food in with both hands, eat mindfully and slowly, chew your food properly.
- Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. Salads are brilliant at this time of year.
- Drink more cool, clear, cleansing water. (Fruit juice counts too.)
I am back on a health and fitness programme again, after letting myself go during lockdown. It’s so depressing being in solitary confinement that I found it hard to keep up good habits. But you know what? It doesn’t take more than a week or so to turn things around to a better life.
Some say that just one bottle of wine won’t hurt. And, that potato chips go so well with wine. All I know is that the dictum of a healthy mind in a healthy body is the real truth.
yoga is bloody good for you
some doctors say the coronavirus less dangerous than measles
When the early white settlers went anywhere, then the native populations just about died out from contracting what used to be called ‘childhood diseases’. Chickenpox, Mumps, Rubella, Measles, Scarlet Fever ~ because they had never encountered these illnesses before and had no natural immunity. I had all of those bugs in my childhood, (except for scarlet fever), and while I was poorly it was never bad enough to keep me away from school. In fact, back in those dim and distant days mothers were encouraged to send infected kids to school.
There was folk knowledge that said that young kids didn’t get particularly sick from bugs that could make them very sick when they were in their mature years. So, it was thought best for children to build up natural immunity to safeguard them when they were old enough to have children of their own. Bog Row Junior Mixed and Infants, where I first went to school, must have been full of disease, dirt, and depravation ~ looking back it was, and yet we all grew up healthy.
So why is it that this coronavirus has caused such panic among people, politicians, health officials, doctors, et al? Is it because COVID-19 is particularly deadly, or incredibly infections?
Well no, the coronavirus, COVID-19 is neither particularly infectious nor especially deadly.
The scientists say that the mortality rate all those who catch COVID-19 is about 0.25%. So if you catch it you have a 1 in 400 chance of dying, but that number is meaningless because it’s the elderly, frail, diabetic, or already sick with something else who are most likely to die. That’s the same as for any illness, including pneumonia, measles, or the common or garden flu.
Contrast that with ordinary measles, (which you will not catch because you’ve either already had it as a child, or you have had the MMR vaccine). With measles, depending on how the doctors and statisticians measure it, you could have a 15% to 25% chance of dying, or as bad as 1 in 4. And, if you are sick from measles the effects can last the rest of your life due to brain damage.
And yet the world is not being put into lockdown because of a measles epidemic, despite the fact that there were 413,308 confirmed cases reported to WHO in 2019. Go figure, (as you Americans say).
Brutal as it may seem most of the supposed victims of the coronavirus were going to die anyway, because they were elderly, frail, diabetic, sick with something else, or all of those.
Something doesn’t ‘feel’ right about the responses of those in authority to the relatively mild outbreak of COVID 19.
You tell me.
does anyone trust any politician anymore
it was a bright sunny day in June, the clocks were striking thirteen
some will not survive the dystopian society
thou shalt not commit adultery
Just as the lockdown begins to be eased in England, the government has come up with an extraordinary new regulation designed to stop people from meeting up to have sex.
No person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place indoors, and consists of two or more persons.
Sex in a public place is already illegal here, so we can’t even find a deserted beach and have moonlight sex in the surf. Of course, the stupid six foot ‘social distancing’ rule is already in place, which means you can’t even meet up with your love to kiss, hug, or walk and hold hands. Add to that the number of people who have been in self isolation / quarantine / shielding, the number of people who haven’t been able to travel any distance to meet their paramour, and you can see that the rule has been ‘no sex please, we’re British’.
Studies show that even among married couples, and people who live together, just about 40% of UK adults have been sexually active during the 10 weeks of lockdown.
Good luck on any of this being popular among the English public. Good luck with many people taking any notice of these laws / regulations. But, I would expect our law enforcement agencies to become officious sex police, and self-righteous nasty people to inform on their neighbours who they suspect of having sex.
None of this has stopped our politicians and government officials from ignoring all the rules to carry on their illicit affairs during the strictest part of the lockdown here. It’s still one law for them and a different set of laws for the rest of us.
I wonder if car sex is still illegal?
And, how have hookers made a living in the past 10 weeks?
there is always phone sex
suffering quite badly from lockdown now
only an attractive sunset picture
I first entered lockdown on March 23rd, since then I have only been out for 2 weeks, when I went out walking on my own, for miles and miles. The weather was good, and so was the exercise. But now I have been told I have to go into quarantine for another two weeks.
Since March 23rd I have not talked to anyone, except on the telephone and internet chat. I haven’t talked with anyone in person at all, and I’m getting quite lonely and distressed. I will be able to go out again on June 6th, and I am really looking forward to that day.
My internet isn’t working so well, right now, but then nothing is really working here right now. It’s all very depressing.
I am really looking forward to seeing my friends.
Just a nice picture to cheer myself up
you shouId always trust a man, just as far as you must
Two months, 63 days lost, for nothing.
Took my usual walk by the sea today, utterly in contravention of the laws, rules, and guidelines surrounding the lockdown for the supposed COVID-19 crisis.
There were the usual amount of cyclists, dog walkers, joggers, and people out and about enjoying the warm May sunshine. There is no sign whatsoever that self-isolation, lockdown, quarantine means anything here any more. Hardly surprising considering that nobody in or close to government believes in it anyway.
Nobody here trusts the prime minister, government, health officials, nor the BBC. Not since Nazi Germany has such a shit load of lies and propaganda been shovelled onto a people as the British government trying to feed us now.
And nobody believes any of it.
Boris Johnson’s career is over.
Finished, discredited, a footnote in history