millions are being wrongly put back into lockdown
because mass testing gives too many false results
The entire effort to contain the coronavirus is a massive waste of time and money. The greatest impact of all these efforts has been to destroy the global economy, take away our civil liberties, and to hand unimaginable powers to politicians and unelected officials. Here, the government is even talking about putting the army on the streets of England to enforce lockdown ~ that will end social cohesion for a generation.
- Closing borders does not work. Australia had some of the strictest entry rules for visitors and returning Australians, and yet the coronavirus is allegedly rampant in that country. You cannot stop aircraft from landing with mail and essential imports, you cannot stop ships docking with essential imports and to load exports, and there are always some people who are exempt from the entry restrictions. (Doctors, Politicians, and Unelected Officials.)
- The money spent on mass testing has been thrown away. Here in England the mass testing centres were mostly ignored by the public, there are far too many incorrect results, either producing false positives or false negatives, and people can catch the virus from the testers themselves. Testing offers no benefit to the person being tested.
- Recently President Trump stated categorically that lockdown doesn’t work, (at least not when it comes to containing the coronavirus). A study in New York confirmed that the infection rate was just about the same for those in lockdown as for those still walking the streets and travelling on the subway.
- The vast millions spent on ‘track and trace’ have been wasted. Here, one fifth of potentially infected people are never traced, one in four of those traced could not be contacted, and there are no numbers to say how many of those reached actually went into self-isolation ~ not very many I suspect. Most of the staff in the test and trace centres have so little to do that they play games and surf the web on their official computers all day.
- Scientific studies from the Netherlands state that face coverings are worse than useless. Face coverings may be beneficial for short periods indoors where there is a risk of close contact with people you do not normally meet.
- It takes decades to even partially contain a virus; the common cold, ebola, epstein barr, flu, HIV/AIDS, rabies, smallpox, West Nile Virus….. are all still out there. Vaccines have serious side effects.
- Vaccines have limited effect. Millions are vaccinated against the flu, but you have to get a vaccine every year because the virus mutates, and you can still get sick from flu viruses that you weren’t vaccinated against.
If you want to know what a real pandemic looks like, as opposed to the coronavirus hysteria, then read about the influenza epidemic of 1918 ~ especially how it affected the USA. Everything that is being tried now to contain COVID-19, was tried back then, and none of it worked worth a damn.
Some say the people in white coats will save us all, all those under 50 years old anyway. And that the mad scientists should take over the world. All I know is that any ‘expert’ who says there is a way to contain a virus once it is in the general population is either a charlatan or a liar.
bar your doors and become a hermit
you will get lots of peace and quiet
you can still get the coronavirus
first it takes your mind, then it takes your life
there are strong links between boozing and dementia
Dementia actually kills four times as many people as all the deaths attributed to COVID-19, even at the height of the supposed pandemic. And, dementia kills people in a particularly horrible and distressing way. I am not and have never been worried about the coronavirus, but becoming a shadow of myself through the hell of dementia frightens me, if I ever let myself think about it.
However, dementia is not inevitable, it’s not all down to random chance, it’s not all down to genetics, and it’s not a pestilence inflicted by a malicious God. Your mind does not have to be blown to dust ~ there are things we can do right now to help ourselves avoid the unimaginable suffering of being locked inside a mind afflicted by Alzheimer’s, or a softening of the brain, or whatever else causes this insanity.
Dementia is not primarily a mental illness, it is physical degradation of the brain.
A hell of a lot of dementia is caused by the lifestyle choices we make. To reduce your chances of becoming a shell of who you used to be then;
- get plenty of sunshine, fresh air, and exercise
- keep mentally and socially active, do not sit in front of the TV or computer screen for hours at a time
- keep regular hours and get enough good sleep ~ 6 to 8 hours a night
- do not smoke ~ and if you do give it up, forever
- do not drink to excess ~ avoid binge drinking
- do not take drugs, and I mean strong medication as well as street drugs
- have a good healthy diet; avoiding fat, sugar, wheat and other grains, dairy products, junk food and takeout, and especially high fructose corn syrup
- do not get avoidable diabetes
- do not get obese, regularly check your Body Mass Index
- control your blood pressure and cholesterol
- avoid hearing loss
- focus on your general health and well-being; physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually ~ especially do all you can to avoid suffering from prolonged clinical depression
- do not to get sick from social diseases, so avoid; casual sex, using dirty needles, socialising with the dregs of society, drinking in sleazy bars, and taking vacations in disease riddled hell-holes like India
- do not get a head injury, so wear a helmet when cycling and avoid contact sports such as boxing. Do not get into bar fights.
- stay very clean; wash, shower, get in the tub, wear gloves for dirty jobs, wear clean clothes every day, change your bed-linen weekly
- do not get sent to jail
As it goes, all of the above are things that right-minded, self-disciplined, ethical and sensible people will do as a matter of course. There are two other things that will help you not to get dementia; be male and die young.
Some say that COVID-19 is the new plague sent by a vengeful deity. And that dementia only affects the very old. All I know is that all disease and infirmity is mostly preventable.
probably heading for dementia
some things are socially acceptable, and then again…..
Promiscuous casual sex is morally reprehensible, socially unacceptable, and
fucking very dangerous. Or rather, that is what I believe to be the truth of it. One reason for this post is a news story concerning a married woman who picked up / was picked up by a stranger in a bar, went back to his place, where she was stabbed twenty times by the drug addict thug, who then tried to cut off her head. The body was naked. They’d had sex.
This was by no means an isolated incident of casual sex turning into something very worse.
Picking up a stranger in a bar may be exciting, sexy, erotic, physically satisfying, with a frisson of danger thrown in, but it can also be fucking damaging to your self-respect, health, wealth, sanity, existing relationships, future relationships, social standing….. You could end up being humiliated, mugged, beaten, raped, passed around, stalked, gaslighted, ghosted, or dead.
Some of the same goes for people you ‘meet’ on social media, dating / sex dating sites, or any of the other myriad ways we can connect via the internet. Basically you have no idea who these people are, where they’re from, what they’re really like, their history, criminal record, and what the hell they really want from you. Are they the sex / age / ethnicity they say they are? If there’s a picture is it of them, and how long ago? If it’s an intimate picture they are probably not someone any decent person would want to know anyway.
There are labels for women who have casual sex with strangers and post intimate pictures of themselves on the internet ~ all of those labels are extremely derogatory.
Personally, I have three things in my favour when it comes to social media / email / long-distance friends and relationships. #1 I know my way around blogging. #2 I am a man. #3 I am very smart / computer savvy / I was trained to spot liars a mile off. Not everyone has my advantages, and yet women do engage in intimate relationships with people they only know from what they see on their own computer screens.
Personally, I have never knowingly ‘hit on’ a woman I didn’t know from Eve, picked up a woman in a bar, had first date sex, had multiple partners, been on a sex dating site, had sex with an ex, had sex with anyone much older / younger than me….. Maybe I am staid and naive, maybe I’m shy, or maybe I have standards, ethics, and morals.
Some say that fucking a stranger is incredibly hot. And that having multiple sexual partners is where it’s at. All I know is fucking a stranger has nothing to do with love and a lot to do with instant gratification, or money.
If you’ve been there with a stranger I don’t want to know
there will be people who confuse your individuality with selfishness
Peer-group pressure is a very powerful thing. Fitting in, being popular, having lots of friends, agreeing with the majority opinion, is taught to us all from a very early age. In fact it can be hammered into us at school, where standing out from the crowd and being different can get you seriously bullied.
It’s no different as we grow and move on in life. In psychology there’s a thing called Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which describes what the average person strives for. Only when the most basic needs are met; food, water, shelter….. can one move on towards higher needs, like having friends. As you’d expect it’s more complicated than that, and it’s wrong anyway.
For most people belongingness: to be an accepted and superior member of a group, comes right at the top of the list of the things they want, need, and desire most. The average adult strives to achieve social approval, to be fashionable, to be superior, to keep up with and surpass their peer group, to accumulate more and better material possessions, and certainly a get a lot of meaningless sex ~ often outside of their principal relationship. And somewhere there might be the need for love and adulation.
But to be mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy an adult needs to be themselves. Sometimes it is important to stand out from the herd, especially if you’re fitting in just to play it safe, to avoid being questioned or challenged, to avoid upsetting your peer group, to keep in with your family and your friends….. If you are going to be true to yourself, if you want to achieve emotional, mental, and spiritual health, then there will be moments in your life when you have to be yourself, no matter what they say.
We each have a unique set of wants, needs, desires, dreams, ambitions, thoughts, and opinions ~ but we often suppress them and get caught up in the herd’s falsehoods instead. We become people pleasers and drones.
The hard truth is there are a lot of mentally sick people out there today because they strive not to miss out on other how others think they should live, behave, act, and think. I point to the compulsive wearing of face coverings as my proof.
Nobody needs to wear a face mask outdoors, or when they are alone in their own car, or when riding a bicycle, or when they are alone at home. I wonder if some people wear a face covering while they are having sex in the missionary position…..
Some say there is safety in numbers. And that those who disagree are anti-social, selfish, dangerous, should be shouted down and destroyed. All I know is that I will be myself, no matter what they say.
I am not a number
I am a free man
nightmares are your subconscious mind’s way of getting your attention
unrequited love is the most beautiful dream
and the worst nightmare
a dragon is never your worst nightmare
that would be a woman
your nightmares are as faithful as your own shadow
at night, your worst memories can never be held at bay
I still get childhood nightmares, but now I can remember them
in my worst nightmares, I have no mouth, and I must scream
in my waking dreams there are nothing but dark lonely regrets
I wish I felt better
I do not know what is wrong with me, but I do not feel well in mind, body and spirit.
Maybe it is just lack of sleep.
Nightmares are not much fun
it’s a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do ‘practice…..’
after a sixteen-hour shift women doctors need to practice standing on one leg
nurses, the problem is you can’t live without them, and you can’t always believe them
his temperature was up to 105, and there was an icy look in the nurse’s eyes
little do the doctors know, but you’re never alone if you’re paranoid
never give up on life, if you give up you have no chance at all
he was happy before the doctor told him he was sick
she had wise eyes in a face of angelic concern
shame she wasn’t a nurse
learn how to breathe
it’s one of life’s more important skills
grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
accept that it’s better to be alone than to be unhappy with someone else
some people just will not accept that they’re in the wrong
they buy an assault rife instead
the older and wiser I get,
the more I believe that the greatest gift is acceptance of others
compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness
they are a sign of strength
whatever life brings to you, accept it and learn to live with it
a real man learns to accept his own faults
I’m not OK, but that’s OK
never accept that you cannot change what you are
so I tipped my morning coffee down the sink
not me, but it could be
Staying at home during lockdown, comfort eating, eating out of cans, eating out of boredom, getting zero fresh air and exercise….. When I stood on the scales a few days ago I discovered that I’d piled on more than a few pounds since March 23rd. That is not good, by any stretch of the imagination.
So, I’ve resolved to be fitter and healthier, and get back to my normal weight just as damn soon as I can. It isn’t easy to restart a fitness programme after 3 months of relative inactivity. Fortunately I don’t find sitting in a chair binge watching TV at all addictive. (Things would have been much worse if it had been easier to get to the store and buy copious quantities of beer.)
For a while I’d been following the 10,000 steps a day challenge, and now, after all that lockdown inactivity and idleness I’m back on that ~ with a vengeance. Yesterday I walked to the next town down the coast and back, in all yesterday I walked 20,204 steps in the fresh air and sunshine by the sea. For me that’s almost exactly 10 miles, and if I can keep on walking 10,000+ steps a day I should get my health and fitness back. Perforce I should also lose / stabilise my weight.
Along with the fresh air, sunshine, and exercise I’m also changing my diet back to something much much healthier than cake cookies candy alcohol and eating out of cans.
As part of a healthier diet I thought I’d switch from having high-quality Barista sugar in my morning coffee to an articicial sweetener instead. I bought some stuff based on sucralose and tried that for the first time this morning. You know how good that morning coffee always tastes ~ except this one didn’t, and I tipped it down the kitchen sink. I find the sucralose artificial sweetener to be bitter, chemical, and just yuck, with a yuck aftertaste. (The most common brand of sucralose sweetener is Splenda.)
Surcalose is chemically altered sugar where the water based chemicals are replaced with chlorine, and it’s 500 times sweeter than proper sugar. To me it tastes like bug killer smells. Other artificial sweeteners include aspartame, which is positively bad for you.
WTF was I thinking of? If I want to be fitter, stronger, healthier, why would I swap a high-quality natural product with something that came out of a chemical plant?
Some say that artificial sweeteners are perfectly safe. And that they are a useful part of a calorie controlled diet. All I know is that I’d rather consume natural foods than stuff that came out of a chemical plant.
not the kind of plant I want to make the sweetness in my coffee
tiger tiger burning bright, in the forests of the night
if you look into the eyes of a tiger you have to be stupid
and too bloody close
never, ever open the door marked ‘here be tigers…..’
when you’re in trouble, always go through the door marked ‘staff only…..’
cats are cool, cats are nice, cats torture mice
when a tigress says she loves you, count your arms and legs
but wait until after the good part
never smile at a tiger
or a woman with very heavy eye makeup