Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage.
I need a new plan. The one I’ve been using this past week doesn’t work.
On the other hand, I’ve been driven by events, rather than choosing my own path.
Having your home broken into kind of does that to you. In some ways it’s not the invasion, nor the fact that my stuff was taken, it’s all the
fucking damned paperwork and admin that follows a burglary that has really been depressing me. And, I’ll give you one very important piece of advice, never throw away any bill, or receipt, or piece of correspondence. Keep every fucking piece of paper in organised files for at least 6 years. If you don’t then you’ll spend forever sorting out the paperwork when some unforeseen event or disaster happens.
I just have, and mine was only a little robbery, not some huge fucking disaster.
Hopefully, things will be better for me in the next few days.
A liar will never be believed, even when she speaks the truth.
Everybody lies. Lies are the oil that lubricates the grinding wheels of interpersonal relationships. Most people don’t always want to be told the unvarnished truth, especially by their partner ~ for example being told that you look terrible hurts, even if it is the truth. In a 10-minute conversation the average American will tell two or three lies ~ basically people lie a lot.
There are different kinds of lies, some are small and immaterial, and some are huge, outrageous, and evil. However a lie is still a lie, even if it’s justified as a well-intentioned white lie, or it’s a lie of omission where we just don’t say anything at all about something important.
Some lies are actually criminal fraud. For example;
- lies about your qualifications and work experience on your CV
- Plagiarism, piracy, and passing-off
- creating false paperwork to obtain a loan, drivers licence, passport, etc.
- using false information to complete official forms, for example health insurance
It seems that many people are happy to live with lies like this, telling themselves that it’s just a clever way to beat the system. Do or say whatever you like, but if you go down this road your life will be a fake. And, at some point you may get into serious trouble. As an example, a contract of insurance is a contract uberrimae fidei, (of utmost good faith), if you don’t tell the whole truth on an insurance document the whole thing is null and void. Your insurance company can refuse your claims, and reclaim any past claims you have made.
If you do lie and cheat, just be ready for the consequences because eventually you will be caught out. Your fantastic house of cards will just fall apart. The thing about lying is that you can never know with certainty the risk of being discovered or the severity of the consequences. Lie in a relationship and you’ll probably get dumped. Lie in a marriage and you will probably get divorced.
Some say that there’s a fool born every minute. And that women make the best liars. All I know is that some truths are best left unsaid.
lovers often lie to each other
and to their husbands and wives
Self-Serving Useless Politicians are Destroying England’s Future
You can always tell when politicians are lying, because their lips will be moving.
There’s a thing called BREXIT, which is a kind of acronym for the exit of Great Britain from the European Union. It’s been going on since the referendum on 23 June 2016, when 51.9% of the British people voted to get out of Europe all together.
Since then our utterly useless, supine Prime Minister, Mrs. Theresa May, has lied, procrastinated, and vacillated, doing bugger all about getting this country out of the European Union. The Prime Minister has been defeated in one vote after another in parliament ~ firstly her original (very bad) exit deal with the European Union was rejected, then her (slightly) amended deal was rejected, and now the idea of leaving the European Union without an exit deal has also been rejected.
WTF do these members of parliament want?
However, the default legal position is that Great Britain will leave the European Union on March 29th, whether there is an exit deal in place or not. To change that default leaving date will require a change in the law, and that’s not as easy as some stupid politicians think.
However, I have no doubt that our self-serving, dishonest, fucking useless parliament will find some way of delaying the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union ~ indefinitely.
The real deal is that NOBODY KNOWS WTF is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Add to that nobody knows WTF is going to happen in the weeks, months, and years following our supposed exit date on March 29th.
Except that the English public will be voting a hell of a lot of these fucking useless politicians out of office come the next general election.
Some say that Brexit is a confusing mess which ever way you voted. And that Brexit is just like unfriending Europe on Facebook. All I know is that if the self-serving politicians don’t get on with it there will be Hell to pay.
Some people are psychologically incapable of telling the whole truth about anything.
There are two people in your life you should never lie to
Lying to ‘Plod’ is almost never a good idea.
It seems had occasion to use the word ‘Plod’ a couple of days ago, and in my version of the English language ‘Plod’ means the Police. And then I started to think just how many other words we English have for a policeman, or the police in general. Turns out there’s quite a lot.
- the Bill ~ a shortened form of ‘the Old Bill’.
- Bizzies ~ a Scouse word, (from Liverpool), meaning the police are always too busy to spend time investigating ordinary crime affecting ordinary people.
- Bluebottle ~ from Cockney Rhyming slang ‘bottle and glass’ meaning arse.
- Bobby ~ Sir Robert Peel established the Metropolitan Police in 1829, and Bobby is a short form of Robert. (Also see Peelers.)
- the Boys in Blue ~ Self-explanatory, the police wear blue uniforms.
- Constable ~ a word from English medieval times when a constable was a King’s officer of the peace in armies and castles. English policemen aren’t officers, they’re constables.
- Copper ~ an old English word meaning ‘someone who captures’ ~ weird, I thought it had to do with a constable’s badge.
- the Cops ~ from ‘Copper’.
- Crusher ~ English Victorian slang, from ‘beetle crushers’ a slang name for the heavy boots Victorian policemen wore.
- Cuntstubble ~ a very derogatory modern term for a female police constable.
- the Filth ~ no idea what the etymology for that is, but it’s a pretty derogatory word.
- the Fuzz ~ again I have no idea what the etymology for that is, but it’s another derogatory word.
- The Heat ~ said to refer to the red lights some police vehicles carried ~ I doubt that very much.
- the Law ~ obvious. But also a shortened form of ‘the Long Arm of the Law’. Like Canadian Mounties the British police always get their man ~ eventually.
- the Met ~ London’s Metropolitan Police ~ the largest police force in England.
- the Narcs ~ an undercover narcotics agent ~ also a police informant.
- the Old Bill ~ who really knows? It’s a strictly London term, and I suspect it’s some very nasty cockney rhyming slang.
- the Pigs ~ just derogatory and originating in 19th century England.
- Peelers ~ From Sir Robert Peel ~ see Bobby above.
- Plod ~ Mr. Plod the Policeman is a character in Enid Blyton’s Noddy books. But if you’ve ever seen an older policeman walking, then you’ll agree that they do plod along.
- Polis ~ Scottish / Glaswegian slang, and if you’ve ever heard a real Glaswegian talk you’ll know why they say Polis for Police.
- Rozzers ~ 19th century English slang of mostly unknown etymology. It may be from Polari slang, (homosexual slang).
- Scotland Yard ~ this was where the police force was first established in London on October 6th 1829. (Great Scotland Yard at the rear of 4 Whitehall Place). The headquarters of the Met. are always called Scotland Yard, (now New Scotland Yard).
- the Sweeny ~ cockney rhyming slang ~ ‘Sweeny Todd’ = ‘Flying Squad’ The Flying Squad is an elite arm of London’s Metropolitan Police, the Met.
- the Thin Blue Line ~ describing all that’s between the ordinary populace and anarchy.
- Woodentop or Woody ~ a uniformed police officer, a derogatory term used by plain-clothes detectives.
As you might expect, many of these terms are more than just a little bit derogatory, and the one’s that aren’t date back to Victorian times. Anything from London is more than likely cockney rhyming slang.
Of interest to my American friends, an Englishman would never, ever call a policeman ‘Sir’. That honorific term is only used for someone an Englishman really respects, for Example a very senior member of our Royal family. Sadly, these days not many Englishmen respect the police any more.
standing outside of 10 Downing Street, they are a pair of proper policemen, in proper policemen’s helmets
Charity compelled is simply a polite word for slavery.
Big Charities, often known as the Third Sector, disgust and appall me.
Personally, I only ever donate to one charity, and that is my local hospice. Under no circumstances would I ever donate to ‘Big Charity’ ~ organisations such as the disgraced Oxfam, the RSPB, the RSPCA, Save the Children, Wellcome Trust, World Food Programme, World Vision.
I’m not a fan of giving to charities. I have a few I support but the overhead and inefficiencies really bother me. Instead I pay people’s bills and help solve problems. ~ Mark Cuban
Previously the reason I never gave to charities other than my local hospice was my disgust at how much the bosses of the big charities paid themselves ~ the average, (mean), pay for executives in the top 100 UK charities was £255,000 pounds a year in 2017, ($350,000). Fourteen of the top 100 charities paid their highest earners more than £300,000 a year ~ and those huge pay deals come straight out of the money that is supposed to go to good causes. That is obscene.
The highest paid charities bosses in England all work for charitable healthcare trusts, with the top people at the London Clinic, Nuffield Health, and St. Andrews Healthcare all earning over £750,000 a year, ($1,050,000).
It’s even worse in the USA with the boss of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center being paid $6,700,003 in 2016. The boss of the National Rifle Association, (which has charitable status), was paid $1,422,339 in 2016 ~ the NRA like AR-15 assault rifles such as the type used to kill 17 people in a Florida High School recently.
Disproportionate salaries risk bringing charitable organisations and the wider charitable world into disrepute. ~ William Shawcross, Chairman of the Charity Commission.
And now there is another reason I won’t give to charities other than my local hospice ~ the big aid charities are discovered to be the natural home and hunting ground for sex-pests, perverts, paedophiles and rapists.
From Africa, to the Caribbean, end even in thrift stores in the United Kingdom, there has been a continual flood of disturbing news of sex abuse, some of it of the worst kind imaginable, with under-age girls and boys being forced to trade their bodies for food by aid workers. Desperate teen prostitutes were paid in rice to have sex with groups of Oxfam workers at drunken orgies in Haiti. This is far beyond disgusting.
Even the respected Archbishop Desmond Tutu has resigned as an ambassador for Oxfam ~ the worst hit of the sex-scandal charities, for now.
You would think their would be some contrition at the highest levels in Oxfam, but NO there isn’t. Oxfam still will not release the names of the guilty aid workers. The disingenuous Mark Goldring, the charity’s chief executive, has said that; ‘the issue had been blown out of all proportion…’ He claimed that critics were ‘gunning’ for the charity. And, ‘it’s not like we murdered babies in their cots…’ This sanctimonious man sickens me.
All of a sudden we’ve got two former ministers calling for my resignation. What I felt really clearly is many people haven’t wanted to listen to explanations. ~ Mark Goldring.
How do you explain away child sex abuse and rape?
The UK government was giving some £32 million of taxpayers money to Oxfam annually ~ this funding has been suspended. Many right-thinking people think that it should be stopped altogether, permanently.
I will never give a penny-piece to any charity than my cash-poor local hospice. Unfortunately, the UK Government’s Department for International Development currently squanders £13.4 billion a year on ill-judged funding to organisations like Oxfam and the disgraced UN. I have no choice in where the government spends the money I pay in taxes.
That too is disgusting.
Nothing to do with any of this makes me feel proud to be British.
Even Banks and Credit Card Companies are Dishonest
There is a truism ~ everybody lies. These days, even the people you should be able to trust to help you look after your money will lie to you. Just three recent examples in the news;
- Thousands of staff at Wells Fargo Bank routinely created false customer accounts based on real customers’ email addresses. All told about 2 million fake accounts were created. These fake accounts were allegedly used by staff to meet their sales targets ~ and some 5,300 Well Fargo staff have been fired. Would that it were all ~ trust me, there is more nasty news to come on this one concerning customer charges and wrong-doings higher up in the bank.
- The great credit card scandal continues. Credit cards are a rip-off for everyone except the banks. Despite official interest rates being at an historic low, the interest charged on credit card balances continues to rise to usury levels. And, in Britain Mastercard is accused of setting punitive charges on retailers, resulting in an estimated overcharging of £14 billion between 1992 and 2008. Guess who ends up paying for all this ~ you do. Mastercard are being taken to court in a class action.
- Four ex-employees of Barclays Bank are facing long jail terms for manipulating LIBOR. You may think LIBOR, (London Inter Bank Offered Rate), has got nothing to do with you. As a matter of fact the interest costs of everything you have ever borrowed is based on Libor. If you can’t trust the financial markets, then who can you trust?
Not one of the companies and people you trust to manage your money are completely honest with you. When it comes to your money, trust nobody.
Complete honesty is much more than not cheating, stealing, and lying ~ although banks, insurance companies, pension providers, credit card companies, financial advisers, et al, do more than enough outright cheating, stealing, and lying. Complete honesty means not lying by omission, being straightforward, being open, telling you what you need to know, avoiding obfuscation… None of the financial companies and people you deal with abide by that definition of honesty.
If they wanted to be really honest, then they wouldn’t have you sign a legal agreement which included pages and pages of small print.
What should you do;
- Check your bank and credit card statements for unexpected items, especially unexpected charges.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- If it looks to good to be true it is.
- If you don’t understand something, have it clearly explained until you do understand.
- Never pay for financial advice, never pay an up-front or annual fee for a credit card or bank account.
In high finance there is a concept called ‘counter-party risk’ ~ one of the assumptions in that concept is ‘buyer beware’, never assume that the person or company you are dealing with is telling you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
George Bailey would be horrified.
Breaking News Shock Horror!!!!!
It seems the Rich and Powerful use tax havens to avoid paying their fair share.
Well, there’s a bloody surprise. Who could have guessed it? You could knock me down with a feather.
We don’t pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes. ~ Leona Helmsley (from 1989)
I worked in Banking and Financial Engineering all of my ‘official’ career, and I’ve known this ever since I could tell which side of a cheque was the front. Any Banker worth his salt knows that the rich and powerful don’t actually pay taxes. The British Chancellor of the Exchequer knew this, so did the US Secretary of the Treasury, and the Minister of Finance in France, and everyone else with more intelligence than a demented gerbil. Even dimwit David Cameron’s father knew all about international tax avoidance.
These people have to pretend surprise now that the whole Panama Papers thing has hit the news. (For some of these people the brown stuff has really hit the fan ~ because their roles in all of this will now be in the limelight.)
There are a few basic techniques, (conjuring tricks), towards not paying taxes;
- Your companies are ‘officially’ based in and report through a low-taxation regime; Dublin Docks, the Irish-Dutch Sandwich, Lichtenstein, one of the obscure Caribbean nations, & etc, & etc….
- You ‘officially’ reside in a low taxation regime, Switzerland is nice, Monaco even more so.
- You don’t actually make any money. Trust me, it’s ridiculously easy to not make any money.
- You don’t own anything except your companies. Everything you buy is on the company, everything you use is on the company, the company owns all of your homes, your private jet, your yacht, your cars…
- Your companies ‘officially’ make losses.
- You don’t employ anyone. Your lawyers, accountants, butlers, drivers, maids, pilots, yacht captain, mistresses, hookers, are all employed by the companies you control. Your company even pays the bill when you eat at a fancy restaurant.
- All direct taxes, sales tax, value added tax, are reclaimed through the companies you control.
- Get ‘slightly criminal’ and invest in bearer shares and bearer bonds.
- Choose your banks very carefully, HSBC has a global reach and is really good at this stuff, (as well as money laundering if you require that service).
It would be boring to go on and on, but you get the basic idea.
Various top people in various governments are making a big show of trying to put a stop to all these scams. Don’t hold your breath. The efforts to make global finance more transparent are more up-front show than Las Vegas.
You know what? It’s actually worse than that. If you are rich enough, and powerful enough, various governments will fall over themselves to give you a shed-load of money. Put up a few ugly wind turbines, invest in a lot of solar power, plant some trees, buy the British steel industry… The list of things for which your government will make the rich even richer is long, wide, and detailed. Read some of it and weep.
There is a slightly brighter spot on the horizon. Rich and powerful men just can’t stop getting married to gorgeous, scheming, avaricious women. When the marriage breaks up, then their ex will take them for all she can get ~ and the divorce lawyers will be rubbing their hands with glee. Serves the evil bastards right.
There is one brutal truth you need to remember; The Rich get Richer, and you get ground into the shit. Meanwhile the old-age pensioner has to choose between heating her home and buying enough to eat.
life be would very different
if women did not squander time
filling every precious minute
collecting pointless crap
while the clock wastes it’s chime
at least she’s consistent
spending your last dime
kidnapping you with dithering
like a mouse in a trap
into her sordid life of crime
words and pictures by jack collier
(almost got arrested by a park ranger for collecting those branches)
I have been reading some weird and disturbing stuff about techno-sex;
Some say that sexbots could seriously damage human relationships.
And, that android sex slaves reinforce male stereotypes of submissive women.
The best fembots can mimic a realistic orgasm.
Sex between humans and machines may soon become the norm.
Cute sexbots offer continuous ardent attention.
Robophilia is natural, libidinous, and sexually fulfilling for both men and women.
Japanese men think girlfriend apps are better than human girls.
Your robotic lover can be an erotic sexual surrogate for your human partner.
There are no off-limits for a fembot.
Intelligent robotic sex slaves will soon be almost indistinguishable from humans.
Robot sex allows any and all perversions.
Sexbots can be programmed with any personality, from submissive to dominatrix.
Virtual sex improves on sex with a human partner.
Both male and female sexbots will swallow cum after a blowjob.
Sexbots will talk as dirty as a practiced whore.
A robot ethicist says falling in love with your sexbot may be injurious to your health.
Sexbot porn is already available on-line and on film.
All I know is that cooler guys know real girls who might like to roleplay the submissive android, from time to time.