’emergencies’ have always been the pretext on which individual liberty has been eroded
the only casual sex allowed is phone sex
Here in England it’s Day 380 of the national coronavirus lockdown, and now that there may be some signs that some of the restrictions may be lifted in the foreseeable future, it is worth remembering just what has been taken away from us.
Just to focus on three of our inalienable rights;
- Freedom of Association. All through this lockdown we have been prohibited from meeting our friends and families. Two women sharing walk and a cup of coffee were arrested for ‘breaking the spirit of lockdown’. A lady was arrested just for being outside the care home of her elderly father. And while the Black Lives Matter ‘protests’ were allowed to go ahead, every other public gathering of more than six people was treated as a riot by our increasingly heavy handed police. Schools, Universities, and Churches have been closed, as have all other possible meeting places. Extramarital sex is out of the question unless you are part of the ‘governing elite.’
- Freedom of Movement. We have been told not to to go anywhere unless it was absolutely essential, not to leave home, not to travel more than a dozen miles from home, not to go to work unless you couldn’t possibly work from home….., and our increasingly Gestapo-like police force have happily arrested anyone seemingly breaking the rules. Airlines have been grounded, Wales and Scotland closed their borders, and do not even think about attempting to travel to the USA.
- Freedom of Trade. Apart from some ‘essential’ food stores and pharmacies, everything has been shut. Factories have been lying idle because nobody could buy anything they made. Agriculture has been badly hit because farm workers were told to stay at home, or in the case of ‘foreign casual labourers’ weren’t even allowed into the UK. And, of course, any business where people could gather together has been closed for the duration. Forget getting a pint with your mates down the pub.
Some say that losing our freedom was a necessary part of staying safe and protecting the Health Service. And that those who complained should be gagged. (Well, there goes Freedom of Speech.) All I know is that we have all lost more than just our basic liberties to combat a mild ‘flu epidemic.
all doors have been firmly closed
by order of some power-mad unelected officials
why women desire more shoes and men don’t have a clue
hideous fuck me heels
It’s a funny thing, most men will buy themselves a new pair of shoes for a very special occasion, a new job, a first date, getting married….. Or, if the shoes they habitually wear are so down at heal and scruffy that even spit and polish will no longer make them presentable.
In contrast most women will buy new shoes just because they like them, or to feel better, or because they like shopping, or they’ve bought a new dress / suit and they need shoes and a purse to match. Women will also buy new shoes for a very special occasion, a new job, meeting old friends, vacations, a first date, getting married…..
But then most women like shopping, especially with his credit card, and most men don’t like shopping at all. And most men can’t understand that at all, but then most men don’t have a clue about women.
A woman needs to know but one man to understand all men; whereas a man may know many women and not understand one of them. ~ Helen Rowland
But then, most women know that most men are just a life-support system for their penis.
It’s a fact that women write almost all the books on human relationships, marriage, sex, and love ~ and that 80% of the people who buy these books are women. Perhaps men would understand women better if they made an effort, and yet men don’t even listen when their partner is trying to talk with them. A lot of men equate their wife / partner / girlfriend attempting to have a conversation as nagging. And only women nag. A man may criticise, find fault, complain, and go into ‘problem-solving mode’ ~ but that’s not nagging, that’s just passing on their years of accumulated masculine wisdom.
When women nag, go on and on about something, they firmly believe that their ‘nagging’ shows that they care about their man. She might know she is being irritating, but she can’t help it because she’s a nest-builder, nurse, manager, and mother. And, she knows that she’s telling then truth.
The fact is men and women are very different, right down to the structure of their brains, bodies, emotions, feelings, and instincts. There is no equality of the sexes, which is why women desire more shoes, and men don’t have a clue.
the holy grail?
five inch Jimmy Choos
the only real prison is fear
don’t be afraid to go out at night, learn self-defence instead
Here in dismal grey England I’ve had an epiphany, not religious but perhaps spiritual. Lockdown goes endlessly on and and on and on ~ yet I am not going to waste my time being depressed, negative, and unhappy. What’s the point in that? Depression and misery never made anything better.
Instead of accepting that I’m imprisoned until Easter, at least, I intend to become free, adventurous, and charming again. I will be sexier and enjoy my life and loves more than ever before. People, places, and things I might have balked at, avoided, or eschewed in the past will now be on my agenda. There are a few exceptions to my venturesome audacious bucket-list; all of Africa, most of South America, booze, gambling, and drugs. Other than that I’m going to be bold, daring, and damned happy. Timid security isn’t on my future agenda.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. ~ Helen Keller
The thing is, how can I do any of that when it’s against the law for me to go anywhere or meet anybody? Well, I am not against breaking bad laws, and anything to do with the coronavirus is a bad law on its face. But more practically, what can I do right now;
- Use the internet to connect more deeply and intimately with like-minded people.
- Go through my wardrobe again, get rid of anything that’s too dated, unflattering, or of inferior quality.
- Use the internet to buy some better attire.
- Improve my immune system by eating better and more healthily, drinking enough good fruit juices and lots of water, taking the right high-quality supplements.
- Exercise as much as I can, getting my trim shape back, and improving my energy levels. Meditate when I can.
- Get a solid 7 or 8 hours good sleep every night, rest when I feel weary during the day.
- Stretching my mind by reading more difficult and inspirational books.
- Get back to studying art, geography, literature, music, psychology, and sociology.
- Husband my resources until I can get back out there again.
All that means is that I am going to live as well as I can despite this fucking never-ending lockdown.
yoga is great exercise
just you try keeping that position for 5 minutes each side
stop wasting valuable time on worthless people places and things
Everyone, and I do mean everyone, wastes a hell of a lot of precious time.
If you have been working from home, or not working at all because you’ve been in lockdown, or just got back to work; then the amount of time you waste every day should have been thrown into sharp focus. For example, most people who work from home manage to get a full week’s work done in about 20 hours instead of 40. And, if you have just gone back to work you might realise just how often you are interrupted, or have to do utterly pointless time-wasting crap. The worst is that you may have been utterly idle during lockdown and filled your entire life with utterly pointless crap.
So, here are a few very obvious suggestions to allow you to have more time to do what’s important to you;
- Make some lists instead of charging around aimlessly and forgetting things; a to-do list and shopping list are very efficient and helpful.
- Stop chatting with people who call at your desk. Usually they are time wasting jerks.
- Don’t go to most meetings. In my experience meetings of more than 3 people are a complete waste of time ~ on-line meetings doubly so. If you are not the most vital person in a meeting you probably don’t need to go. Just read the minutes instead.
- Stop multi-tasking. Do one job from start to finish, concentrate on that task, and don’t try to do something else at the same time. That means don’t read emails or surf the internet when you’re supposed to be doing something important.
- Finish what you’ve started. Unfinished tasks are a congregation of fighting alligators in your mind, bothering the hell out of you and stopping you from really being effective and efficient.
- Be neat, clean, and tidy. Some people think living and working in a mess makes them productive ~ it doesn’t, it just means you’re living in a swamp.
- Do the very simple ‘couple of minutes’ jobs first, get them out of the way, and then do the worst, nastiest, and most difficult task ~ from start to finish.
- Stop answering the phone, unless you’re expecting a call. Calls out of the blue are hardly ever important.
- When you are not at your job, you are not at your job. So forget it and forget the people there. Your employer only owns your time for your exact contracted number of hours.
- Take all your breaks, and get outside into the fresh air and sunshine if you possibly can.
Some say the work-life balance is important. And some go into the ‘office’ when they should be at the beach. All I know is too much work will kill you.
When you’re up to your ass in alligators it’s hard to remember that you’re supposed to be draining the smegging swamp
at night this place really comes alive
The nightlife here in Oludeniz is crazy. Live music, laser light shows, karaoke bars, dance bars, cocktail bars, beach bars, sports bars, restaurants of every ilk, tattoo places….
Parties on Pirate Ships, beach parties…
The food is fabulous, the shopping is fantastic, and the people are fun.
Some women were having fun wearing very daring outfits. The weather is very warm and the booze is very cheap.
Kinda wish you were here with me
Just bring a summer dress, and a bikini, it’s all you’ll need.
At midnight, in one or two of the bars here, she’d be quite overdressed.
howay man, wesa gannin doon the toon
Yesterday I went shopping in Newcastle. Not only does the place bring back so many memories, it’s also the best place to go shopping outside of Italy. I always spend far too much there. Here’s a little song to remind me of the toon.
Although Newcastle never really was my home town ~ I was born in a far more ancient and much smaller pit village.
Please listen with a smile.
a flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love ~ Max Muller
Yesterday I committed the cardinal sin for a guy ordering a gift on-line. My gift to a friend of mine arrived on the wrong day!
A bouquet of flowers I ordered from a great florist in California arrived on February 11th, and not on Valentine’s Day. That is so very bad.
It was also completely my fault. In completing the long and complicated on-line order form I neglected to enter the day I wanted the damn flowers delivered ~ so of course they were delivered immediately. Bummer!
If a guy is going to order flowers for Valentine’s Day, then they should arrive on February 14th. Similarly, if a guy is going to order flowers or a gift for a friend’s birthday, then that should arrive on her birthday, and not some random day near her birthday.
Only at Christmas is it permissible for flowers or a gift to arrive early, because nobody actually delivers on Christmas Day.
So, my hugely expensive bouquet for Valentine’s Day is slightly wasted.
Men can be such fools at times.
Some say it’s not the gift that counts, but the thought behind it. And that a kind word is worth more than any mere bouquet of flowers. All I know is that I hope my friend isn’t too disappointed.
a man can’t really go wrong sending flowers to a woman