lies, damned lies, and statistics
is this really what we want?
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark ~ and in every other country in the world. Something is not right, seriously amiss, and not only are the authorities doing nothing to prevent this dangerous state of affairs, the authorities are the cause of the terrible mess the world finds itself in right now.
A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is still lacing up its boots. ~ Mark Twain
Of course I refer to the hysteria surrounding what is commonly referred to as the coronavirus pandemic, which has many people terrified, has destroyed many lives, and has indirectly killed many people by preventing them from receiving urgent medical treatment for many other life-threatening illnesses.
To begin with, on March 23rd I believed what the government told me, and like a good citizen I obeyed the lockdown rules, self-isolated, stayed at home, watched my life go down the toilet…..
Since then I have become increasingly disturbed by the propaganda pumped out by the media, politicians, health officials, et al ~ which says that COVID-19 is the greatest threat faced by humanity since… anything really. And it’s all lies.
I didn’t have to look hard to find the evidence proving that the whole coronavirus pandemic is a pile of bullshit. I will give you just 2 pieces of evidence, and then let you make up your own mind.
- The statistics which say that millions / billions of people have tested positive for COVID-19 are wrong. To begin with, only 0.4% of all those supposed millions tested have actually given a positive result. Read a learned study published by Prof Carl Heneghan BM, BCH, DPLC, a practicing doctor and Professor of Evidence Based Medicine who also states that of every 18 positive results 10 will be false positives. (About 60% of positives are false positives.)
- The mortality for COVID-19 statistics are based on these positive results. To be said to have died from the coronavirus the deceased must have tested positive within the last 28 days ~ and then their death from whatever cause is attributed to COVID-19. So a guy who was given a false positive result within the last month, and is then run down by a truck, is counted as a COVID-19 death.
I make no apologies for saying that the entire coronavirus pandemic panic is a lie.
Do your own research. Stop believing the crap the media, politicians, health officials, et al are shovelling down your throat. Be an intelligent, curious, concerned human being and not one of the sheep.
the BBC no longer gives us the news
like all media the BBC now shovels propaganda
rose hips are the fruit of the flower of love
no matter what they say, rose hips are indeed a fruit
High summer presses its heat and humidity down on us, and yet in England the hedgerows are already beginning to ripen with wild harvest. One of the hedgerow’s natural bounties is the false fruit of the dog rose, (rosa canina), more commonly known in England as rose hips.
You can do a lot of stuff with rose hips, from making syrups and jams, to my preferred use which is to make a tincture of rose hips and rosemary in apple cider vinegar. As well as sweetening and adding taste to the cider vinegar. the rose hips also add diuretic, lithontriptic, and mild laxative qualities to your brew. As for rosemary, this stuff is almost a cure-all. I just add an odd number of fresh sprigs to the bottle, (for good fortune it must be an odd number.)
The finished product, (ready in about 6 weeks and will keep for a year or a lot longer), is a great basis for a salad dressing. Diluted in water it is also a first class tonic and as part of a whole-body cleanse. There may be no truth whatsoever in the persistent rumour that this concoction is a very potent female aphrodisiac. However, it is well known to be a cure for practically whatever that ails you.
You can also make a true tincture of rose hips using medicinal alcohol, (or vodka). For those of us with a real taste for booze, just make a rose hip brandy or vodka. I have even heard of rose hip gin, and although I’ve never tasted it, I have it on very good authority, from a very close friend, that this booze is the bomb.
The dog rose is an important plant to the herbalist, because the leaves, petals, and hips all have their uses. In a hedgerow, the plant may reach six feet or more in height, its flowers can be anything from white to a delicate pink, and if will guard its bounty with some particularly persistent thorns. (You can also use the hips, leaves, and petals of the cultivated rose, but I would look for a rose variety that’s as close to the wild rose as possible.)
Some say that you must be very careful when picking fruits, berries, and salad leaves from the wild ~ the uninitiated may pick themselves a deadly poison. And that everything belongs to somebody, so be discreet. All I know is that the mixture of rose hips, rosemary, and organic apple cider vinegar is as near to a sorcerer’s brew as anything I know.
a rose by any other name is still as sweet
even if it’s a dog
millions are being wrongly put back into lockdown
because mass testing gives too many false results
The entire effort to contain the coronavirus is a massive waste of time and money. The greatest impact of all these efforts has been to destroy the global economy, take away our civil liberties, and to hand unimaginable powers to politicians and unelected officials. Here, the government is even talking about putting the army on the streets of England to enforce lockdown ~ that will end social cohesion for a generation.
- Closing borders does not work. Australia had some of the strictest entry rules for visitors and returning Australians, and yet the coronavirus is allegedly rampant in that country. You cannot stop aircraft from landing with mail and essential imports, you cannot stop ships docking with essential imports and to load exports, and there are always some people who are exempt from the entry restrictions. (Doctors, Politicians, and Unelected Officials.)
- The money spent on mass testing has been thrown away. Here in England the mass testing centres were mostly ignored by the public, there are far too many incorrect results, either producing false positives or false negatives, and people can catch the virus from the testers themselves. Testing offers no benefit to the person being tested.
- Recently President Trump stated categorically that lockdown doesn’t work, (at least not when it comes to containing the coronavirus). A study in New York confirmed that the infection rate was just about the same for those in lockdown as for those still walking the streets and travelling on the subway.
- The vast millions spent on ‘track and trace’ have been wasted. Here, one fifth of potentially infected people are never traced, one in four of those traced could not be contacted, and there are no numbers to say how many of those reached actually went into self-isolation ~ not very many I suspect. Most of the staff in the test and trace centres have so little to do that they play games and surf the web on their official computers all day.
- Scientific studies from the Netherlands state that face coverings are worse than useless. Face coverings may be beneficial for short periods indoors where there is a risk of close contact with people you do not normally meet.
- It takes decades to even partially contain a virus; the common cold, ebola, epstein barr, flu, HIV/AIDS, rabies, smallpox, West Nile Virus….. are all still out there. Vaccines have serious side effects.
- Vaccines have limited effect. Millions are vaccinated against the flu, but you have to get a vaccine every year because the virus mutates, and you can still get sick from flu viruses that you weren’t vaccinated against.
If you want to know what a real pandemic looks like, as opposed to the coronavirus hysteria, then read about the influenza epidemic of 1918 ~ especially how it affected the USA. Everything that is being tried now to contain COVID-19, was tried back then, and none of it worked worth a damn.
Some say the people in white coats will save us all, all those under 50 years old anyway. And that the mad scientists should take over the world. All I know is that any ‘expert’ who says there is a way to contain a virus once it is in the general population is either a charlatan or a liar.
bar your doors and become a hermit
you will get lots of peace and quiet
you can still get the coronavirus
first it takes your mind, then it takes your life
there are strong links between boozing and dementia
Dementia actually kills four times as many people as all the deaths attributed to COVID-19, even at the height of the supposed pandemic. And, dementia kills people in a particularly horrible and distressing way. I am not and have never been worried about the coronavirus, but becoming a shadow of myself through the hell of dementia frightens me, if I ever let myself think about it.
However, dementia is not inevitable, it’s not all down to random chance, it’s not all down to genetics, and it’s not a pestilence inflicted by a malicious God. Your mind does not have to be blown to dust ~ there are things we can do right now to help ourselves avoid the unimaginable suffering of being locked inside a mind afflicted by Alzheimer’s, or a softening of the brain, or whatever else causes this insanity.
Dementia is not primarily a mental illness, it is physical degradation of the brain.
A hell of a lot of dementia is caused by the lifestyle choices we make. To reduce your chances of becoming a shell of who you used to be then;
- get plenty of sunshine, fresh air, and exercise
- keep mentally and socially active, do not sit in front of the TV or computer screen for hours at a time
- keep regular hours and get enough good sleep ~ 6 to 8 hours a night
- do not smoke ~ and if you do give it up, forever
- do not drink to excess ~ avoid binge drinking
- do not take drugs, and I mean strong medication as well as street drugs
- have a good healthy diet; avoiding fat, sugar, wheat and other grains, dairy products, junk food and takeout, and especially high fructose corn syrup
- do not get avoidable diabetes
- do not get obese, regularly check your Body Mass Index
- control your blood pressure and cholesterol
- avoid hearing loss
- focus on your general health and well-being; physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually ~ especially do all you can to avoid suffering from prolonged clinical depression
- do not to get sick from social diseases, so avoid; casual sex, using dirty needles, socialising with the dregs of society, drinking in sleazy bars, and taking vacations in disease riddled hell-holes like India
- do not get a head injury, so wear a helmet when cycling and avoid contact sports such as boxing. Do not get into bar fights.
- stay very clean; wash, shower, get in the tub, wear gloves for dirty jobs, wear clean clothes every day, change your bed-linen weekly
- do not get sent to jail
As it goes, all of the above are things that right-minded, self-disciplined, ethical and sensible people will do as a matter of course. There are two other things that will help you not to get dementia; be male and die young.
Some say that COVID-19 is the new plague sent by a vengeful deity. And that dementia only affects the very old. All I know is that all disease and infirmity is mostly preventable.
probably heading for dementia
the most dangerous liars are those who think they are telling the truth
The lies, misdirections, obfustications, manipulated statistics, and scare stories surrounding COVID-19 continue. This time it’s from Professor Robin Shattock at Imperial College, (that high-profile home of liars and adulterers), who says that we will all need an annual booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccination, (when there is one), along with our annual booster shot of the flu vaccination. This guy should learn a better delivery when it comes to cautionary tales. It might be helpful if these academics actually knew the difference between vaccination and inoculation.
Do they seriously believe that anyone with a mind of their own is going to submit themselves to an annual inoculation to supposedly protect themselves against a relatively harmless virus? Probably they do. BIG Pharma rolls on and on towards….. mind control, a totally obedient global population, or just untold billions of dollars? Strange how there is now an ongoing news story that smokers are less likely to die from COVID-19 than are non-smokers….. I bet the big tobacco companies like that one.
You know something? The coronavirus pandemic, in real terms, it’s all lies. But nobody believes the plain and simple evidence of their own eyes any more.
we must all carry a big stick to scare away non-existent dragons
some doctors say the coronavirus less dangerous than measles
When the early white settlers went anywhere, then the native populations just about died out from contracting what used to be called ‘childhood diseases’. Chickenpox, Mumps, Rubella, Measles, Scarlet Fever ~ because they had never encountered these illnesses before and had no natural immunity. I had all of those bugs in my childhood, (except for scarlet fever), and while I was poorly it was never bad enough to keep me away from school. In fact, back in those dim and distant days mothers were encouraged to send infected kids to school.
There was folk knowledge that said that young kids didn’t get particularly sick from bugs that could make them very sick when they were in their mature years. So, it was thought best for children to build up natural immunity to safeguard them when they were old enough to have children of their own. Bog Row Junior Mixed and Infants, where I first went to school, must have been full of disease, dirt, and depravation ~ looking back it was, and yet we all grew up healthy.
So why is it that this coronavirus has caused such panic among people, politicians, health officials, doctors, et al? Is it because COVID-19 is particularly deadly, or incredibly infections?
Well no, the coronavirus, COVID-19 is neither particularly infectious nor especially deadly.
The scientists say that the mortality rate all those who catch COVID-19 is about 0.25%. So if you catch it you have a 1 in 400 chance of dying, but that number is meaningless because it’s the elderly, frail, diabetic, or already sick with something else who are most likely to die. That’s the same as for any illness, including pneumonia, measles, or the common or garden flu.
Contrast that with ordinary measles, (which you will not catch because you’ve either already had it as a child, or you have had the MMR vaccine). With measles, depending on how the doctors and statisticians measure it, you could have a 15% to 25% chance of dying, or as bad as 1 in 4. And, if you are sick from measles the effects can last the rest of your life due to brain damage.
And yet the world is not being put into lockdown because of a measles epidemic, despite the fact that there were 413,308 confirmed cases reported to WHO in 2019. Go figure, (as you Americans say).
Brutal as it may seem most of the supposed victims of the coronavirus were going to die anyway, because they were elderly, frail, diabetic, sick with something else, or all of those.
Something doesn’t ‘feel’ right about the responses of those in authority to the relatively mild outbreak of COVID 19.
You tell me.
does anyone trust any politician anymore
never give up hope, if you do you will be dead already
Alzheimer’s Disease is a progressive loss of cognitive abilities, speech and language, problem solving skills, and memory. It also makes it very difficult for sufferers to care for themselves, relate to others, and know what’s real and what isn’t. Those with Alzheimer’s can become aggressive, paranoid, suspicious, demanding, depressed, anxious, and confused. As yet nobody understands the exact biochemistry of Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer’s is the cleverest thief, because she not only steals from you, but she steals the very thing you need to remember what’s been stolen. ~ Jarod Kintz
About 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s, about 1 in 3 seniors will die from this disease, (or some other form of dementia), which is more than die from breast and prostate cancers combined. And, doctors will tell you that there is no effective treatment for this devastating disease.
However, clinical studies have shown that long term dosages of Melatonin, 5 to 15 mg per night over two years, significantly improve the quality of sleep for those who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease, and ameliorate the effects of this horrible affliction.
Tamara Horner MHNE, ROHP / RNCP of Purple Almond Wellness discusses the effects and benefits of melatonin on Alzheimer’s disease in a couple of very detailed blog posts.
Melatonin is a naturally produced neurotransmitter that mostly comes from our Pineal Gland, it’s principal function is to regulate the circadian cycles, (day / night rhythm), within our brain and bodies, and as you would expect it’s closely linked to serotonin.
It seems that melatonin is a bit of a wonder hormone ~ some of it’s benefits are;
- It’s an anti-inflammatory agent, and it inhibits the secretion of amayloid plaque.
- Melatonin decreases excessive insulin secretion. Too much insulin will mess with your body and brain, and then kill you.
- Melatonin improves your overall hormone balance, it’s the regulator of every other hormone you produce and ingest.
- Toxins and oxidation are reduced in your body because melatonin scavenges the deadly free-radicals and protects your liver.
Melatonin deficiency causes; sleep disturbance, heart disease, cancers, type 2 diabetes, strokes, schizophrenia, Parkinskon’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease.
You can buy synthetic melatonin over the counter at pharmacies, but it is also to be found naturally in;
- Fruits and vegetables. (avocado, cherries, asparagus, tomatoes, pomegranate, olives, grapes, broccoli, cucumber, and especially banana.)
- Grains. (rice, barley, rolled oats ~ but stay firmly away from anything containing wheat.)
- Nuts and Seeds. (walnuts, sunflower seeds, mustard seeds, almonds, pistachio, peanuts ~ but peanuts are not good for most people for other reasons.)
- Poultry, (turkey, chicken, duck.) Seafood, (cod, haddock, shrimp, salmon, tuna, sardines.)
Some say that exercise is the best sleep aid. And that a racing mind makes a bad pillow. All I know is that I’m going to go on taking my daily melatonin and following a Paleo diet.
the brains of Alzheimer’s sufferers are pretty well
doctors may think they’re important,
but it’s the nurses that get you well
This has got to be the shortest Jethro Tull track ever.
The nurses in this hospital have been very good to me, especially when I couldn’t get out of bed at all.
none of my nurses look like this
knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom
I think that it’s acceptable for me to be apprehensive, introspective, and a little depressed ~ I’m pretty certain this is day #5 of my lying on this hospital bed. I haven’t been able to get up at all, because of the tubes, drips, and because moving is painful for me. Being immobile on a hospital bed, with very little control of my own life, and very little privacy isn’t a joyous time.
At least the catheter was removed this morning, right after the phlebotomist took my blood for the umpteenth time. Nobody tells you that catheter removal is painful, and that there’s probably going to be blood. At least the nurses make me a cup of tea after they wake me up at 5 a.m. I thank them profusely for that.
As it happens I am not looking forward to going for a pee.
I have been trying to make the best of things;
We ought to hear at least one little song every day, read a good poem, see a first-rate painting, and if possible speak a few sensible words. ~ von Goethe
My concentration has come back sufficiently for me to do most of that ~ the sensible words thing may still be eluding me. Maybe the things I write on here contain a few sensible words.
One good thing has come out of this, I have realised that many of the people who know me on here, genuinely care about me and my welfare. I am pleased to call them my friends.
I like the California desert
I wish I was there now
hospital life sucks
In a hospital bed, in an 8 person ward, and I can’t even get out bed to go to the bathroom.
I’m having my blood taken every 4 hours, and my blood pressure tested ~ bp is 108 / 83, and my heart rate is 115, at 05:00 this morning.
Let me tell you a catheter is not fun.
Not as bad as the pain in my right kidney. Latest guess is it’s an infection, so I’m now on antibiotics But I know that stress and depression on its own can make you physically Ill.
Today I had my first bed bath, which was a little embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as having a catheter inserted into my penis by a lady doctor and a nurse.
Thank you all for your kind wishes. Lucky they have Wi-Fi in this hospital.
This picture makes me feel happier