Poisonous people are like rattlesnakes hiding in the shadows.
Some people are naturally duplicitous and treacherous, charming and dangerous, destructive and toxic. They are snakes who lie hissing in the grass, ready to strike at their victims without warning. And yet, these snakes fool us all the time because they are also beautiful, fascinating, interesting, and seductive.
No matter how much kindness, love, and trust we offer the snake, it’s never going to repay our cherishing support with anything but venom. Snake people are naturally toxic, and the wiser man will keep his distance, limiting his contact, trying to avoid the snake’s poison as much as possible.
If you are unlucky enough to be friends with a snake, and maybe stupid and innocent enough to fall for one, be aware that they will bite the hand that feeds them, and their bite may just about destroy you. Toxic people can ruin a beautiful day, disrupt your life, torture your emotions, do a number on your self-esteem, and take every penny you have. If you know that snake then physically, mentally, and emotionally brace yourself for the ruin to come.
Snakes have an insatiable need for attention, to have the world just the way they want it, to have you behave exactly as they wish ~ while giving you little or nothing in return. They will complain, bitch, be self-righteous and demanding. Snakes never pay for much, but expect your wallet to be open all the time. And these toxic people see nothing wrong in their own bad behaviours.
Toxic snakes will usually have innumerable skeletons in their closet, have some serious personality problems, and be prone to drinking too much, gambling, smoking, occasionally taking drugs, picking up casual sexual partners in bars, being abusive….. Generally being the kind of a person it’s unwise to get close to. And yet we do, all the time.
In dealing with a toxic snake you need to be disciplined, controlled, guarded, positive ~ and preferably somewhere else at the time.
If you recognise the snake in someone you know, or are close to, then walk away. Walk far away, and never look back.
Some say that snakes are cool and fascinating. And that toxic people are just misunderstood and not at all dangerous. All I know is a snake is always nothing but a snake.
dangerous toxic snakes can be beautiful and seductive
And God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Some say that God created the cosmos in six days, and that the Earth is 6,000 years old.
Science tells us that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, and that the mile wide crater near Winslow Arizona was made by a meteor 50,000 years ago.
Standing on the edge of the crater there is no sense of scale, but it’s huge.
What nobody will tell you is that standing on the edge of the crater in June, you will get eaten alive by midge and mosquito alike. Go very early in the morning, in colder weather, but go. If just to know that all the religious fundamentalists are wrong.
If a meteor had to strike anywhere, AZ is as good a place as any, as AZ is mostly empty space.
Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.
It’s a long way and a long time from a coal mining village in the North of England to an upscale hotel in Sedona, Arizona ~ and I made all the stops along the way.
Sometimes I feel like I’m living on the edge of a fault-line.
If you live in an earthquake zone, somewhere on the ring of fire, then sooner or later where you live is going to experience a big one. One thing that you should bear in mind if you suffer a serious earthquake ~ there will be dangerous aftershocks. And nobody can predict when or where an earthquake will strike.
To have the best chance of surviving an earthquake, you should;
- Have a plan, write it down, keep it safe.
- Be somewhere else at the time.
- Always keep a half-tank of gas in your car ~ you may need to get out of town in a hurry.
- Keep an earthquake survival kit in the trunk of your car.
- Have some basic tools in the trunk of your car, including a hatchet, fire extinguisher, and high powered flashlight. These should be in the trunk of your car anyway, along with a space blanket and first-aid kit.
- Keep your hiking boots and 2 pairs of clean socks in the trunk of your car.
- Have plenty of bottled water at home, and always keep some in your car.
- Stay away from buildings, when it’s safe to get outside, find an open space to be even safer from the aftershocks.
- Stay away from windows, street lights, utility cables, and overpasses.
- If you are indoors, do not use an elevator. Stand in a doorway, the door-frame might just protect you. At worst get under a table. Do not try to leave the building until the quake stops.
- If you are indoors, stay away from anything tall, such as cupboards, wardrobes, and filing cabinets. Get away from anything hanging from the ceiling or walls.
The snag is, if you follow this advice the trunk of your car is always going to be full of survival equipment, making it untidy and not much use for collecting groceries from the supermarket. Also, real survival would mean you buying a 4X4 off road vehicle, like a Land Rover or Jeep instead / as well as whatever car you drive now. And you would keep a tent and other camping things in your 4X4.
And not much of the above matters one jot if your car is in a garage, which collapses on it during a big earthquake.
Anyway, survival is a state of mind. Staying alive during and after a disaster is more about psychology and physiology than it is about having a ton of survival gear. Perhaps the best thing to do is go in an appropriate course at a survival school instead of a beach vacation next year.
Land Rover, the best 4X4 by far
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~ Albert Einstein
A vegan diet is one that excludes any food that comes from an animal, fish, or whatever. This includes eggs, dairy, meat, fish, fowl, and even things like snails and honey. A vegan diet is exclusively plant-based; vegetables, fruit, grains, soy, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Vegan diets usually usually exclude any canned or processed foods. Vegan diets are extreme.
There are far more vegan women than men. In the UK 63% of people who say they are vegan are women. Anyhow, in the UK veganism is not exactly part of the mainstream dietary culture, there are only some 542,000 self-identified vegans here, which is 1% of the population ~ and I don’t necessarily believe there’s a half-million vegans in Great Britain. I once dated a vegan, and she cheated all the time.
Dr. Richard Twine, a senior lecturer in social sciences, interviewed a shed-load of vegans and found that 73% were women and only 27% were male.
In America, that world epicentre for weird cults, fads, and fringe movements, only 3% of the population identify as vegan. Amazing, as more than half of Americans believe that alien abduction, alien visitation, and UFOs are real. Aliens probably exist.
Proper scientific studies show that true veganism can be very bad for your health, especially if you consume unhealthy plant-based food such as fruit juices, refined grains, wheat, fries, and a lot of fatty, high-calorie stuff like avocado. The recommended daily serving is just 1/3 of a medium sized avocado.
My vegan diet brought on early menopause. ~ Virpi Mikkonen
A vegan or vegetarian who consumes no animal products can be just as unhealthy as a slob who dines on nothing but burgers and beer.
Some health problems caused by a vegan diet include; leaky gut, hormone disruption, (including oestrogen and thyroid hormones), anemia, low omega-3 leading to anxiety and depression, lack of vitamin B12, (which can lead to irreversable memory loss and impaired cognitive function), lack of zinc, (which is especially vital for pregnant women), too much carbohydrate, (which leads to fatty liver, diabetes, and obesity), and eating disorders.
Personally, I don’t care so much if someone wants to be vegan or vegetarian, but I do object when they preach to me about my own omnivorous diet.
Some say they don’t eat meat because eating animal products is unethical. And that being vegan reduces their carbon footprint. All I know is that I really like a good steak.
onglet steak, a butcher’s best kept secret.
All slang is a metaphor, and all metaphor is poetry. ~ G.K. Chesterton
Most Americans will never have heard or used some of the words I grew up with. Although the words I most hear used around here these days are fuck and fucking. Catch-all expressions for the chronically stupid and uneducated. So; sprinkle some of these colloquialisms into your lexicon.
- Arse ~ backside, a stupid ineffectual idiot
- Aye ~ yes
- Bairn ~ very young child
- Baccy ~ tobacco
- Bait ~ packed lunch
- Beck ~ stream
- Bog ~ toilet
- Brasso ~ an adjective for very bad beer, metal polish
- Cack ~ shit
- Cadge ~ borrow and beg
- Canny ~ pretty damn good, also clever and prudent
- Clarts ~ runny mud
- Class ~ beautiful
- Divvent ~ don’t
- Doon ~ down
- Dyke ~ ditch, unattractive lesbian
- Fettle ~ fix
- Geordie ~ Native of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Gob ~ mouth
- Gormless ~ stupidly lacking in ability and initiative
- Gully ~ big sharp knife
- Haporth ~ next to nothing, almost worthless, contraction of half-penny-worth
- Hoy ~ throw
- Knackered ~ tired, weary, broken
- Lug ~ ear
- Lum ~ chimney
- Marra ~ very good friend
- Minging ~ disgustingly smelly
- Mortal ~ very drunk, also ‘mortalious’.
- Nebby ~ nosy and intrusively curious
- Netty ~ an earth closet toilet, any toilet
- Nick ~ steal
- Nowt ~ nothing
- Numpty ~ ineffectual idiot
- Pallatic ~ very drunk
- Scran ~ food
- Sneck ~ hasp or catch
- Spelk ~ splinter
- Stotting ~ bouncing, as in ‘the rain is stotting down’
- Telt ~ told
- Tyke ~ a Yorkshireman or small boy
- Wazzock ~ annoyingly stupid ineffectual idiot
- Wanker ~ arrogant and contemptible ineffectual idiot, a chronic masterbator
- Wor ~ our, or my
- Yakker ~ manual worker
Some say that all slang is bad. And if the Queen doesn’t use a word, then neither should I. All I know is that I like to surprise and baffle Americans with my very English vocabulary.
it’s only the Union Jack when it’s flown on the jackstaff of a warship
You can’t cross the sea by standing and staring at the water.
Aphrodite was born nubile from the sea
If an Englishman were to get run down by a truck, he would apologise to the truck. ~ Jackie Mason
Every Englishman is convinced of a couple of things; that to be born an Englishman is to have won first prize in life, and that it is better to be an English Gentleman than to be a Good Guy from any other country on Earth.
Hollywood actresses want to be admired by Americans, courted by an Italian, have an affair with a Frenchman, but be married to an Englishman. So what makes Englishmen so admired?
- Englishmen are the most charming and best mannered people on Earth, bar none.
- Englishmen are very open to new, eccentric, and weird ideas.
- Englishmen will dress however they please ~ no matter what. The best dressed men on the planet are Italians who are trying to look English, and the English when they’re trying to look Italian.
- Mostly we are very ‘happy go lucky’ and ‘easy going’ in a well-mannered sort of a way, anyway no other men on Earth have any manners at all.
- We treasure freedom of speech above all things, our prime minister can be subjected to some terrible diatribes in the House of Commons. We reserve the right to be extremely rude about everyone except our own Queen.
- The English treat Sundays just like every other day of the week, except we don’t go to work. Our stores are open almost 24/7/365.
- Our sense of fair play and concern for the underdog.
- The Englishman’s sense of humour, which mostly does not translate across the Atlantic. Especially nobody but the English understands irony, rhetoric, or sarcasm.
- Mature Englishmen are the best drivers in the world, bar none. We are frequently horrified by the standards of driving in every other country we visit ~ where they mostly drive on the wrong side of the road anyway.
- And there have been some truly great Englishmen; The Beatles, Brunel, Byron, Churchill, Cook, Coleridge, Darwin, Elgar, Elizabeth I, Elton John, Fleming, Henry V, Nelson, Newton, Kipling, The Rolling Stones, Shakespeare, Sturgeon, Wellington, Whittle, Wodehouse….. And Bond, James Bond
And #11 Mature Englishmen have the very best accent, which is also utterly impossible for a non-Englishman to imitate.
Some say that an Englishman’s way of speaking absolutely identifies him. And that most Englishmen are very conservative and terribly old-fashioned. All I know is that I’m proud to be English.
the Union Flag contains the English cross of St George, the cross of St. Patrick of Ireland, and St. Andrew’s Saltire of Scotland.
And the crow called the raven black
And he was far too certain of himself.
Some say that only a geordie boy is a real man. And that whoever wants to relax in the south is a wanker. All I know is that it gets cold in the sunshine here.
where the crow commands the captive must obey
Self-censorship is a lie to yourself;
one should never be afraid to say what you think.
I am a firm believer in not allowing the approval, or disapproval, of others to influence what one believes, thinks, says, writes, or does. I am also a liar, because today, yesterday, and for a few days / weeks / months before that I have not been true to my own beliefs.
My lies to you all are lies of omission, in that I am not prepared to tell you the whole truth about some things, and I am not prepared to tell you anything at all about some other things, and there are some things I will just completely deny. It seems that everyone has dark secrets, and everyone lies without thought.
As this is by way of a confessional I will tell you why I’m making this admission.
Today I was going to publish one of a few completed posts that I have just decided I shall never publish. These included;
- Sex, Lust, and Whores. Most women sell sex; most of them just don’t take money from everyone who wants them.
- Masturbation and Fetishes. Only boys masturbate, or so the myth goes, because a woman touching herself is immoral.
- Love Wars. Love and war, it seems, work by exactly the same rules.
- Goddess of Sexual Love. Sexual love is powerful, it can bring women to their knees.
- Casual Sex and Immorality. In an imperfect world you could fuck anyone and everyone without thinking about the consequences.
All the above posts I’ve irrevocably put into my trash were of a highly sexual nature, impinging upon the real truths of most interpersonal relationships.
The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart. ~ St. Jerome.
Some say that evaluation of the truth is not an absolute, but a matter of piecing together bits of information to form a picture. And that most people’s idea of the truth is based on their preconceived ideas and prejudices. All know is that, sometimes, the real truth is best left unsaid.
the most common fetishes are depicted here
smoking, heels, stockings, submission, mystery, mastery