real love is confidence, acceptance, and understanding
what women want
You will not be surprised to learn that I still have no real idea what women want, other than security and steadfastness. I sort-of know that women want, need, and desire things like trust, respect, acceptance, understanding, and somebody with enough money to look after them. And that some people have kinks that we wouldn’t want to imagine. But, what do women really want?
So, obviously I checked a website, and came up with dross. It seems that women want, need, and desire; confidence, trustworthiness, integrity, compassion, emotional honesty, respect, and a sense of humour. Jeez, the woman who wrote that must have been dating the slob next door lookalikes or guys in their twenties. Apart from the emotional honesty thing.
Almost no men are emotionally honest, not even with themselves. Asking for emotional honesty from a man is like asking for him to hold a conversation and walk up a flight of stairs at one in the same time.
I checked some other sites and the women writing them came up with things like; vulnerability, stability, equality, awareness, emotional presence, interestedness, protectiveness, acceptance, and assertiveness. Some slightly iffy and slightly contradictory stuff there.
I’m a man, and from bitter experience I will tell you exactly what women want when it comes to men.
- Looks, Presence, Physicality, Command Ability. In general women do not get turned on by a Forrest Gump played by a Danny Devito type, but they do get turned on by Bond played by Connery.
A big dick helps.
- Money. I don’t give a shit what any woman says, while some woman might fuck a hot-looking pauper, it’s not what they really want need and desire. They want a man who pays for dinner, sends flowers, dresses nicely, has a cool car, and can afford to take them on expensive vacations.
- Power. Power is the greatest aphrodisiac there is, according to Plato. Why else would any woman sleep with some notable politicians?
- Intellect. Unless she is a bimbo, women want a man who can hold a conversation, knows where Canada is, and can discuss anything, anytime, with anybody.
- Talent. Women do not like talent-less men, and whatever talent he has better be masculine. Not many women are turned-on by a guy who is good at quilting. Women prefer men who can fix their car at two in the morning, in the pouring rain.
- Listening. Women like to talk, and they prefer it when the man they are dating actually listens instead of constantly talking over them or being bored. Listening to a woman, any woman, is a learned skill for men.
- Steadfastness. Women like men who are there for them 24/7 365, no matter what.
Of course this is based on an unscientific straw-poll, and the answers depended on how much the women I polled had to drink. And, there is more, and not all women are the same, and some men have hidden depths. But I know, from being able to listen, that a woman who lets go a man who ticks all the boxes I’ve listed above regrets it forever.
looks and being able to ride a motorcycle are enough for one woman I’ve known