- Alone, another night without sleep.
- Alone, watch the dawn breaking over the sea.
- Alone, resolve to do everything I can to make her happy.
- Alone, listen to the mournful cry of the wandering seabirds.
- Alone, wander along the beach listening to the rhythm of the surf.
- Alone, look back and see my footsteps disappear on the tide.
- Alone, watch low grey clouds driven by the westerly wind.
- Alone, wonder how it all came to this poignant solitude.
- Alone, feel the raindrops on my upturned face.
- Alone, feel the cold in the air and shiver.
words and pictures by jack collier