Truth, Honour, Honesty ~ In the future I shall live according to these precepts, they are my stairway to serenity and spirituality.
There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting. ~ Buddah
- do not lie to myself ~ face up to the facts
- do not run away from unpleasant truths and negative feelings
- do not set out to deceive
- seek out the truth and the whole truth
- know the whole truth, do not make assumptions or interpretations
- speak and write the truth
- but, do not always tell all of the truth ~ sometimes the whole truth is hurtful
- do not lie by omission
- trust those you trust completely ~ do not half-trust people
- avoid the company of liars
Everybody lies…. every day, every hour, awake, asleep, in his dreams, in his joy, in his mourning. If he keeps his tongue still, his hands, his feet, his eyes, his attitude will convey deception. ~ Mark Twain
Dedication to the truth may be a hard road, but it is the road I must follow to the end.